Monday, December 3, 2012

Be yourself

As I was completing my homework and talking to friends, my computer spilled out a great song.  Audioslave's "Be yourself".  This is such a good tune and it needs to be appreciated more in my personal opinion.

The song itself goes back and forth from polarizing life events that could happen to any given person, and then threads right through the middle with the chorus of "Be yourself, it's all you can do".

This song needs to be appreciated because it is so true.  Sometimes life puts you through some obstacles that are just too great for anyone to understand or even grasp at all.  When this sort of things happen, at least in my experiences, we try to change ourselves in order to correct what is in front of us but we only make it worse.  This song exemplifies the notion that sometimes is better to be ourselves and push through the pain than to become something else and hurt while being confused at the same time.

The best lyrics of this song are:

"Don't lose any sleep tonight
I'm sure everything will end up alright
You may win or lose, but to be yourself is all that you can do"

No comments:

Post a Comment