Monday, December 3, 2012

A lesson of life by way of skiing

My coaches tell me all the time..  "slow down, slooooow down!"  Which to me it has been one of the hardest things I have had to do.  The reason for this in my opinion is that no one has ever really told me that before.  Quick life recap: As a child, the fastest I got from school to home the more time I could spend playing soccer, pogs, or video games.  As an adolescent, living in Grand Rapids Michigan, I always had to rush to avoid the blistering cold or humidity, and finally as a young adult in the Marines where they constantly tell you that you should say to yourself all the time "Im up, they see me, Im down!!", well my whole life I have spent it in the driver seat of the most Mexican Nascar car the world has ever seen. (think about it)

Its funny but it's so true.  The slowest you go, the faster you are..  In Nordic skiing, and in life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment