Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life as it comes... Straight no chaser

As I was going in an easy run today I listened to one of my early favorite bands Bush.  Their Song Straight No chaser is pretty amazing and it brought some pretty good spirited thoughts as I listened to it.


This song relates to me now because of the way I have to look at life after my accident.  I remember laying in the hospital bed thinking "just what am I going to do with my life now?". Well it took about two years to find out that, just like the song says "drink life as it comes... Straight no chaser", I have to move on and find a different calling in my life and just go with it.


The last part of "keep on driving, hair left morning wet" relaxes me.  It tells me to keep going no matter what.  Good Song.


Straight No chaser by Bush


Always be there, face I live with
Always be there, face I live with
Abscess memory with broken fingers
All the fallen down angels, Raw pain distress

It's all in the way we know that we could have it all

Some satellites of pain can't always be ignored
War on all sides, war on all sides

Drink life as it comes, straight no chaser

Life as it comes, straight no chaser
Climb inside you away from strangers
Building a system of alleys and motorways

It's all in the way we know that we could have it all

Some satellites of pain can't always be ignored
It's all in the face of what we thought we knew before
War on all sides, war on all sides, war on all sides

Keep on driving, hair left morning wet

There's nothing like losing you
There's nothing like losing you
There's nothing like losing you
There's nothing like losing you

No comments:

Post a Comment