Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Innocence

Life can bring us down sometimes.. That's what everyone says at one point or another.. Today I realized that is not really life that bring us down but it's the things that we fill our lives with that do, not life itself.. As I was getting ready to race, a bunch of 6th graders started cheering for me and my teammates.. I couldn't help it but to go and get them even more excited that they already were.. I took a picture with them and that's when I shared a part of their innocence.. It was very liberating and my mind was completely clear.. See, those kids have not filled their lives with greed, hate, jealousy, or materialism.. They truly want to be there for the experience, the chance to laugh and enjoy themselves.. It felt good to be free of all that.. It's a feeling I will look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment